Membership Form: Please fill in this form to join the Branch.
New and existing members can opt to pay by standing order, which helps keep our administration down. If you wish to pay by standing order, please ensure you send this form to your bank.
PayPal & KoFi
We now also have a new PayPal Account: new members can opt to pay via our own newly established account. If you want to become a member for this coming year, please complete the Membership form above, and then transfer the membership amount via PayPal (£15 for non-students / £10 for students) to the following account:
Account name:Classical Association Manchester Branch
We have also set up a Ko-Fi account. Ko-Fi allows you to become our patron, and sponsor our fantastic series of events: anyone who clicks our Manchester CA link can support us with a ‘Ko-fi’ (a small payment that is roughly equal to the price of a coffee). It’s free to use. Your donation and/or the membership fees help us to maintain our excellent programme and to promote Classics in the local community. Planned activities this year include:
Membership fees help us to maintain our excellent programme and to promote Classics in the local community; planned activities this year include:
- organising a Latin and Greek reading competition for school students;
- organising a series of lectures, to be held online via Zoom, including the annual Whitehead Lecture.
- organising a series of public screenings of classical films.
- setting up further events for members throughout the year, including a student-led workshop on Black History Month, careers-focused workshops, and further short talks.
- hosting a Set Texts Day (2021) for sixth form students jointly with the Classics and Ancient History Department at the University of Manchester;
- workshops for teachers of Classics;
- running a major project funded by the national charity Classics for All aimed at supporting a major project aimed at introducing Latin into state schools; 10 schools at both primary and secondary levels are participating in the first year of this project, with offerings ranging from lunchtime Latin clubs for 8 year olds to new GCSE Latin programmes for talented 6th formers.
We are also very keen to expand both the general membership and the Branch Committee, so if you are interested in being actively involved, you will be made very welcome indeed.
*** Gift Memberships ***
Current members have now the option to buy a Gift Membership to a person of your choosing! The same process above mentioned works for this membership too. Just send us an e-mail with the details, and we’ll let the lucky person know!
If you have any queries about membership, please contact our secretary, Jenny Bryan at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you!